We’re hiring! Pushkin Press are looking for a Marketing and Publicity Assistant
Posted 16th January 2023
Are you a creative thinker with a passion for books?
Independent Publisher of the Year, Pushkin Press, is looking for an ambitious Marketing & Publicity Assistant to join our team. This exciting new role offers an opportunity to work across Pushkin’s adult and children’s imprints. Reporting into our Publicity Director, responsibilities will include:
- Helping to Implement the PR and marketing activity across the Pushkin Press lists, in a fully integrated way across print and digital, working on new titles, backlist and the Pushkin brand
- Researching and building relationships with Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube influencers, as well as teachers, librarians and educators
- Posting across all our social media channels, and creating content for our website
- Building relationships with brand partners and book boxes to increase our brand reach
- Working closely with our sales teams to further develop our relationship with booksellers
- Creating assets in-house as well as commissioning freelancers and designers
- Managing our Amazon, Bookshop.org and Goodreads accounts
- Uploading and maintaining publicity and marketing information on BiblioLIVE
- Creating our consumer-facing, bookseller and US newsletters (Mailchimp)
- Adapting press releases for regular mailings to journalists and key influencers (Mailchimp)
- Assisting and supporting the comms team on all marketing and publicity activities
You’ll have good copywriting skills and an eye for design, as well as an energetic, self-motivated and flexible approach to work, with strong organisational, time management and planning skills. You don’t need to have worked in publishing before, but we’re looking for someone who is passionate about books and reading, and particularly passionate about Pushkin Press’s lists.
- Hybrid working pattern of at least 3 days based in our central London office in Somerset House, and other days working remotely from home (or fully office-based if preferred)
- 20 days holiday (rising to 25 days with length of service) plus bank holidays
- Gifted Christmas company holiday every year
- Flexible August: During August there is currently no requirement to work in the office, allowing one month of full remote working during office hours (the office is available for use during this time if preferred).
- Company culture: A close-knit and social team, bi-weekly team lunches provided, discounts and special private viewings for Somerset House events, and more!
- Company pension scheme
Pushkin strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may require when attending an interview.
Salary £24.5k+ depending on experience
If you’re interested in this role, please apply with a CV and cover letter, stating your current salary to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Monday 30th January.
Pushkin Press publishes the world’s best stories, to be read and read again. Founded in 1997, our list encompasses novels, non-fiction, crime, children’s books – everything from timeless classics to the urgent and contemporary. We publish some of the twentieth century’s most widely acclaimed and brilliant authors, including Stefan Zweig, Antal Szerb and Gaito Gazdanov, as well as award-winning current writers like the Dorthe Nors, Benjamín Labatut, Ayelet Gundar-Goshen and David Diop.